Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BigGuy's Birthday


BigGuy had a birthday on Monday!! Yea for him. Now, we aren't able to do a big picture montage of him and the things he did because he is not as "into" the documentation of the birthday process as the rest of us are. I made him a big Cardinal's cake (he was specific not to have the actual bird, just the emblem - didn't want it to be too cute) and then when I asked him to take the camera and shoot some pictures of himself and his friends eating cake he just kinda looked at me blank like and laughed. Needless to say he did not take the camera. I tried the guilt thing of saying it would mean a lot to his mom - no go. Babers and I picked him up for lunch. Very nice time - minus the part where we tried to keep Babers above the table. Then, after work we went to eat dinner and bowling. I did bring the camera for this, but we forgot to bring it in and then it was hard to keep Babers on our lane - or rather off our lane - and the kids were crying because they weren't knocking any pins over - photo's were just forgotten, but BigGuy and I were still able to manage a few spares and strikes (3 strikes for BigGuy and 2 for me - I think the same number of spares). Once home we had another cake made in BigGuys grandmothers casserole dish - something different and something family - the kids decorated this one.

As I was trying to take photos I realized just how tall BigGuy is. There was no way to take a photo without also getting the chandelier into it. Being tall is way cool.


Happy Birthday Sweetie!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! Miss you.

M&D