Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why The Name Change?

So Why the Name Change?  Well it seems this past year that we have had quite a few Mosquito's.  Not a MILLION or anything, but enough that occasionally we would decide we needed to go inside so as not to be bitten.  That made the No Mosquito thing seem to not fit any more. 

Plus - Fresh Start ='s New Name (or at least in my head)..........

Then why Swimming to First Base?  In a way the answer would be No Reason........and then at the same time it is because we are always at a pool - dropping off - picking up - waiting - waiting - watching a race - waiting - traveling - you get the picture right?  With A and B in competitive swim, BigGuy working as an official for the states swimming organization and me helping where ever needs and BigD as a team mascot - well swimming is on my brain.

 First Base is for BigGuy.  He really really wants a Baseball player in the house.  He plays every summer - softball though.  He loves baseball.  He loves basketball too.  And I think he love football as well........but I am never in the room long enough when he turns it to football to see if he really stays on the channel.  I have been okay with hosting and attending the big Football Playoffs parties - however I won't say it is for the commercials because I am generally zoned out by the time it gets to that. B has tried baseball and moved away into swimming - then this year B tried intermural basketball and football.  He fancies himself a football player and I believe plans to try it out in HS.  Currently though he and A are big time swimmers - with A joining the HighSchool swim team in 11 days.........11 DAYS!!!


 
This year BigGuy got another chance at having a baseball player though.  BigD gave baseball a second chance.  I have to say.......I don't see this sport in his future.  As entertaining as he was when climbing the backstop - chasing other players around - telling the coach he didn't need a glove when they put him "way out there".........I have to say I see him not doing that again.  Yet BigGuy is hopeful and encouraging.  So we will hope to get to First Base with BigD in this next year.  This year baseball was all about covering himself in the dirt.

No comments: