Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am So Sorry


I am so sorry - I meant to get back to the blog sooner to tell you all what happened. And I also wanted MissM's mom to RE-explain to me the whole operation and procedure as I didn't really understand or comprehend much past "I am worried.......drilling hole in skull......metal plate that will make traveling difficult on planes".

MissM made it through the surgery with Wonderful Reviews! In fact - it was an outpatient surgery! Which also surprised MissM's parents when the hospital said - "okay take her home now".

What she had done - since I made a point to ask questions this time. MissM has a hair band - you can see it in the picture above with TheKing. On her hair band is her hearing aid - you can't see that because her hair is messy from playing with TheKing. The operation site is just behind her right ear. The drilled a hole there and placed a small metal plate that is kinda like a "button snap". This will be where her new hearing aide is SNAPPED into place. How cool is that? MissM was ordered a blond hearing aide and it will now blend into her hair and she won't have to worry about it falling off.

Amazing!

And as I said - she is 100% fine - minus the refusal to allow her mom to clean the site of the operation. In fact, most likely it is MsS who has had a harder time then MissM through all this. By the next Monday she was chasing TheKing all over the skating rink - and bossing him like the spunky girl she always is.

Amazing!

No comments: