Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BigGuy is so cute

Yesterday I went and worked out in the hotel gym. While they didn't have the eXact equipment I normally like, the room was very nice - well 2 rooms really - and then after I could go out and have a sauna in the city. Anyway while I was working out trying to make eye contact with some of the other woman working out (I figured maybe they were lonely wives traveling with their hubbies too and I could get lucky and find someone to hang with).....anyway while I am working out I am thinking....Today I am going to meet someone famousish - should I take their picture?.......weird thoughts - yes I know (although really if you know me you probably know that it isn't so weird that I should plan ahead for the "feelings" I have about things that I "feel" might happen - BigGuy makes fun of me about this all the time, but taps into when he thinks he should - see there is a Harrah's across the way and he asked which day "felt" best for us to make money on the slots - it is Wednesday by the way)- weird to you yes, I get it - but you already know that I am not striving to be normal in anyway so deal with it.

Anyway - later in the day - evening really - BigGuy and I decided to take the Trolley down St. Charles to see the BIG and really FANCY houses. Guess who we got ONTO the trolley with?? Girl Scouts!! It was so cute. They were all milling around at the stop - a big gaggle of little girls in purple and yellow. Hey - my GS's - PURPLE & YELLOW - you could see them a mile away so I was totally right to have picked those colors! So the GS's traveled with us half way down the road until we saw the most subdued McDonald's ever and got off. We went all the way to the end of the line and then I kid you not....on the travel way back the driver STOPPED the trolley. She didn't say a single word to us. Got off the trolley and ran across the street to a Subway and went inside......ahhhh????? People on the trolley asked BigGuy and I if this development was normal when riding the trolley....really? Do we look that comfortable and not surprised that the trolley driver just walked off into a restaurant without a word to everyone? Or perhaps we are just that "comfortably dressed"? Or maybe our bodies have finally adjusted to the area because we did seem to be sweating the least out of all of us.

So we waited.....and waited.....and waited.....

I told BigGuy she was ordering - but he said she was just using the bathroom. Then a truck that apparently was a supervisor for the trolley company pulled up. He didn't say anything to us either. Just sat there in his airconditioned truck. Then she came out - talked to the supervisor - we figured she was getting in trouble - but then she went back in - and came out with a drink and sandwich. Really? The supervisor did kinda reprimand her - "Eat before your shift from now on" was the extent of it.

Then 2 people jumped on. I recognized both of them. Figured they were from the movie industry - I knew I knew the guy, but couldn't tell. Then the two local guys sitting next to us said "hi" to them like they knew each other and that threw me - maybe it was just one of those "I saw him in the market things".


But I was pretty sure it was not. BigGuy asked me who it was and I told him I didn't know a name, but that he was a rapper. I told BigGuy to listen to the guys next to us they would say the name. They had no clue - they just knew he was in movies. No I was sure he was a singer/rapper, but I guess I had seen him in movies. After a bit they scooted into the seat behind us. So I talked to them about the houses we were taking pictures of. I will talk to anyone so it wasn't out of character and they got a pic I wanted - it is really hard to take pics of the big houses on a jerky trolley that only stops for Subway. BigGuy stayed quiet. They were nice enough. He was kinda tiny. She was totally sweet.

When they got off BigGuy listened closer to the names they said - but they were wrong. Then the hungry trolley car driver knew - it was Mos Def. Once they said it there was one of those "ack I knew that" moments. He is both a singer/rapper and an actor. Once we knew the name BigGuy wanted to text someone to tell them who we met. Hehehehehe - BigGuy is so cute.

At dinner - because BigGuy was still totally tickled he had met Mos Def - I asked him why he didn't talk to him when we were on the trolley - he said, "I didn't want to seem starstruck. I hate that." Now this made me giggle - how often does BigGuy meet people that he might be starstruck by? So how many times has he seemed starstruck? Really. I asked him.......who have we ever met that you could be starstruck by? Bob Costas was his first thought - ah yeah, he is a friend of his step-dads and we have seen him a few times - but BigGuy never talks to him I do. Of course Mr. Costas is at my eye level so it is easier for him to talk to me - course he works with basketball players so BigGuy shouldn't be that much of a change for him.

I still think that is so funny. Maybe we will see someone else that is going to make BigGuy all googly today. Oh wait, today is Wednesday - we have to go to Harrah's and win a million dollars on the slot machines..........

Well time to go and try to make eye contact at the gym.....

3 comments:

Franchesca said...

I love how you're just so YOU when you write. :) Good luck at the slots and if you're looking for a place to eat Lewis and Clark is always my favorite.

Franchesca said...

Oh that's brilliant *grin* I read St.Charlea and Harrahs and I thought you were IN St. Charles. I'd give a restaurant recommendation, but Lucky Changs closed down a few years ago. :(

But I seriously would recommend a gravyard tour.

HalfPint said...

did the graveyard tour today - very interesting - too darn hot!! we also met a voodoo priestess. we have been to a few places - today i went and ate alone and stopped at just the first place and it was Gumbo Shop - yuuuuummmmyyyyy!!!! You are right about Lewis & Clark though - I grew up in STC and it is always my favorite too.