Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Quick Big Easy Trick


Okay this trip is like a bunch of little weird incidents - maybe later today I will find time to do the Cemetary Tour weirdness event......but for the moment I am going to do the funny shopping thing.

So done with the Cemetary Tour I decided that on my way back to the hotel I would duck into a shop I had seen a few days before. Soak up some of their air conditioning.....dry my cloths off a smidge (I finally figured it out - polyester blends are a must! so if I duck into a shop my shirt dries quicker and then it isn't so bad). I picked out gifts for all three kiddo's - a t-shirt each for all 3 - baseball hats for the boys (remember I got one earlier in the week from the guy on the street for SuperStart) - 2 snowglobes for the boys and a feather mask for SuperStar. Total - $70 - with tax $75.

The shop keeper was very impressed. He talked to me about the kids a bit. He said I must love my kdis. I do. He said he would give me a special free gift for spending so much money on my kids. I LOVE LOVE LOVE free things......and a FREE thing disguised as a gift can only make it all better. He put all my items into a big black bag with the stores name on it - it had handles - and bid me a nice day.

Ahhhhhh.....FREE GIFT??? So I stopped once I left and looked through the bag. No free gift. Then it dawned on me - he said he was going to give me a special free gift as he grabbed the big black bag with handles.........the bag was the gift. He GIFTED me the bag that has his stores name on it that is made to hold the items that I bought from him. He gifted me the crappy bag. That isn't a GIFT - that is a necessity.

So if I hadn't been gifted a free bag that he should have been giving me......how would I have carried my items back to the hotel?

No comments: