Monday, October 27, 2008

Borrowing.............


The other day I was working out and reading People magazine. Exercising on an eliptical is the best time to read magazines - how those people read books or newpapers while exercising is beyond me (because honestly - you are bobbing up and down and the big type in a magazine - and the short paragraphs of nonsense makes it easier to concentrate and follow). And Newspapers - dang - those are messy on an eliptical - too big - too flimsy - too black inky.

Anyway, in the People magazine there was a pictorial of Madonna and her daughter wearing the same clothes. It was cute. I thought about SuperStar and then thought that there are still a few years before I have to worry about that. Then.................the very next morning I was encouraging Spidey to wear his new fleece jacket Nanny gave him and SuperStar said she wished she had one. I pulled my red one that is WAY TOO BIG out thinking I would offer, but she would decline. She totally loved the idea and has been wearing it everyday since. She says that this way she can have "a little piece of you (me)" with her all day.

That is so sweet - and I really love that she loves me that much. At the same time, I also know that I really like that jacket and have seen where her jacket sits at school. Often on the floor under the hook being stepped on by the other kids. I love my fleece jacket, but it was only $12 (on sale at Target 2 years ago) - I love SuperStar more - so she continues to use my/her jacket.

No comments: