Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Elusive Mr. Hanky


Now I have learned that people will Google things and that is how they sometimes hit this blog. So sometimes I am careful about what words I put in the title. In typing out Mr. Hanky I understand that there will probably be a lot of SP people hitting this looking for something about the characters - primarily the poop guy. BigGuy LOVES SP and for that I will continue forward and not worry about wasting peoples time - because this title is perfect for Babers.

This is a follow up to the potty training process. He is doing GREAT!! He is totally into this. Not everytime, but most times he will announce, "Mommy I go potty." meaning that he wants help to get the process going. He is a totally naked from the waste down kinda kid. He won't stand and aim, he wants to sit backwards with his legs straddling and facing backwards. Yes, this is probably my fault, but the first time we did it we were going for speed to make sure it happened and not form.

Now, there are some things that I will not admit to BigGuy and the kids are funny. Why? Well, because I think someone in our house needs to represent for the "socially acceptable reactions to things in public". What does that mean you say with a funny face? It means that if we are all chuckling intil milk squirts out of our eyes at farts and monkeys who throw poo our kids won't realize that there is another side of the world that does not think it is as funny. They need to be guarded a bit in my opinion. For instance - last night we are all watching America's Home Video's. A video of a horse drawn carriage and then the camera pans over to a woman walking up to her husband saying, "Honey we have been married for 1 week now." You get the sense it is romantic - then you get this really long farting noise and the husband pans over to the horse drawing the carriage - his/her tail is up and he/she is obviously tooting - very long. My kids and BigGuy were rolling!! I put on my "oh that is totally sad and gross face." I feel the same way about Mr. Hanky (the kids have never seen SP - this is BigGuys thing). No one needs a living poop walking around teaching morals - although I do see the irony.

However, Mr. Hanky seems appropriate for this next story. As it is kinda tongue in cheek funny. Babers is taking a bath last night. He is on his own and I am in the other room sorting clean laundry. He says, "Look Mommy it under water." He had swim lessons and his teacher had commended him for being the only kid willing to go under water without a fuss - so I assume that is what is under water. I don't go see. He becomes more insistant. I go see. He is holding his penis pointing at it saying, "Look it under water" and tugging a bit to try to get it above. I tell him it is his penis and he seems happy enough with the answer. I go back to my task. A few minutes later he is crying that there is poop in the water. He is apparently upset and I am thinking that now I will have to drain the tub and get a shower going to clean him. Only upon looking he now has his testicles and he is saying his poop is stuck and he can't get it out. So I assure him this is just another part of his body. He is insistant that I do not know what I am talking about and keeps pointing. I have never had to argue with anyone about what testicles are and Spidey and BigGuy are not home so I can't pass this one off to someone correctly equiped to explain. He is crying because as I said in an earlier post - he really wants to see his poop in the potty and for him it is now in his bathtub. At a loss I just keep telling him it is part of his penis. He seemed okay with that, but looked doubtful.

At this point I really want him to successfully poop in the potty so we can get the elusive Mr. Hanky out in the open for Babers.

No comments: