Saturday, November 8, 2008

We have Ladybugs all over our house. They especially seem to love Babers room. Originally they were all over the front of the house - probably because that is where the sun is in the afternoon and it is warm there. We started noticing them when there was a cold spell a few weeks ago. Then we noticed they were somehow getting into Babers room around the window - dozens of them. Then they were in our room, in the kitchen, dining room, one flew onto me while I was showering yesterday. They just crawl around. I have googled them and found that the ones we have are apparently "dreaded" - they are the Asian Lady Bug. They don't seem all that dreadful to us. No biting like many report. They land and kinda walk about us, but don't bite. Some sites report a stinking smell - don't have that problem either. Today I did have to save one. As I was sitting in the bathroom, minding my business, I noticed a little one laying on her back - her feet moving about. I flipped her over and she stayed for a second - probably the blood rushing back into her head (do they have blood?) - then started walking away. Now, I will say there are a few we probably killed - they are tiny and we can't see them all. I just wish I had some indoor plants. Then we could at least put them to work cleaning.

My mom used to say, "Lady Bug, Lady Bug fly away home." Tried that. Doesn't seem to work.

1 comment:

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Great Blog & Photos! your photos look like "Asian Ladybeetles" I am trying to encouraging people to know the different and use
"Convergent Ladybeetle" to learn more about ladybugs & view a new movie trailer called "Ladybug" visit http://www.thebestladybughouse.com/Blog.html