Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I can't Believe they Ate that............

Now, I will admit to being the temptress who purchased and handed my children these things.......but still.........

So, you know how when you find something that really smells or tastes really bad you often times announce it to whoever is with you and then hand it to them and tell them, "Here this is awful, smell this." or "This is gross, does this taste right to you?" That is kinda like this. I saw these marshmallow hamburgers at the store - I knew the kids would get a huge kick out of them (and that I could horrify any adults who looked at them before the kids found them) - so I bought them. A few weeks after buying them, when we were bored, I took them out. The kids eyes lit up - when they realized that the things were 100% marshmallow their eyes popped out!!! Then I told them that they would most likely be totally gross and they really shouldn't eat them (see, I did the good parent thing and warned them against the evil of this disgusting treat). Still, their mouths were watering like Jake when you dangle a piece of turkey. I made them pose for pictures - they took a bite - swore that they loved them and they were the greatest treats ever - I left because it was totally gross - and when I came back two minutes later the marshmallow burgers were sitting on the counter - maybe two bites out of each - and they were done. I threw them out. A bit later Spidey came in and asked if he could have a real marshmallow since the burger couldn't have been real. I obliged. Real marshmallows seemed healthier somehow.

2 comments:

Household Executive said...

What aisle were those in? I have never seen such a thing.

HalfPint said...

They were in the Dollar Tree main isle. So I obviously didn't expect them to be too tastey. They smelled like a real sugary strawberry. Yuckiiiiieeeee!!!!