Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Pilgrimage(s)

We have been shown by family and friends just how much we mean to them. Since moving to our new home the first week of June - we have NOT been without visitors for more then 5 days in a row. This is a definite sign that we are loved - by many. When another member of the St. Louis Group (that is what I call all of us who moved with BigGuys company - there were about 21 employees and 18 families - some were couples working for the same company) mentioned that we are constantly having visitors I joked that it is this summer's "pilgrimage" to see our new home. Of course I did meet a woman who lives in our neighborhood and she told us that this was their summer home. When I asked why they would want a summer home here she seemed confused. I suppose that my confusion was just as great. I mean it is beautiful, but they have little kids like our and there aren't any real "hot spots" here - plus the pool they are going to is tiny (not like the one BigGuy's company has). So I just don't get it - must be that 4th of July parade. With all the visitors we have now been to our favorite dairy farms so many times that the owner has called me their own Chamber of Commerce. She is very sweet. I guess that is a sign that we probably need to find other things to show people - but it is cool there.

Anyway, this weekend it was my mom, sister and kiddo's. We had lots of fun. It was wonderful to have them here and sad to see them leave. At this point they are the last pilgrimage officially planned for the summer. Next week we head to St. Louis to attend some stuff and we will have to work on some more people to come visit us. Of course, we are meeting friends here - perhaps we should begin building a "normal" routine (if there is such a thing).

No comments: