Monday, December 15, 2008

Do You Have a Facebook account?

So do you have a Facebook account? If you do - please look me up - HalfPint. See, I have a counter down on the lower right side of the blog here and it helps me to "check" and see who is coming through - only it just kinda hits on the area in which you readers live - it doesn't give me full names or addresses so I can see who is here and who isn't. For instance - I keep it pretty clean here because I was certain my mother-in-law (whom I truly love - not like so many of my friends who rail on their mother-in-laws - sorry, if you are the MIN of some friend of mine let's just assume I am not talking about you. However, really only JG has yet to complain about her MIN - everyone else has complained a smidge (I fess up to that too - my MIN buys us things all the time - all the time - and we feel awful that she spends so much money buying things - we love her without the money - but we know it is part of her and we have learned to embrace that)). Only, after a recent conversation I learned that she has lost the address and kinda forgot about the blog - so I could have been as raunchy as I wanted and not worried about offending her (I don't worry about the rest of you I guess) - but since St. Louis, MO came up I can't tell if it her, you, my dad, my friends - I just do not know. Plus no one leaves comments but sometimes Household Exec. and Houseful of Boys and News from the Midwest - and some random person correcting me about the real name of the Asian Lady Beetle. So facebook is fun because people actual respond and I get to see what they are doing too.

So anyhoo - let's continue.

Facebook. I was resistant to facebook when my friend BL sent me an invite. Didn't want to have to work the blog and think about updating a bunch of facebook stuff. So I declined joining to see her stuff. Then (sorry BL - I know we have talked about this) we had some difficulty connecting - she isn't a telephone person, she isn't an email person, she just wasn't keeping in touch well - so I joined facebook and then all of a sudden everyone I knew from STL seemed to join and it was kinda fun. Then I sought out our cousins, our nieces and nephews (saw some pictures that are better left unmentioned - although I did have to explain what a hookah was to Spidey - without really explaining why his cousin was dancing in his underwear after having blown smoke rings - we just kinda said "that's the kind of fun you have to look forward to when you go to college" - to which he screwed up his face like we were insane, and we are really....if you think about it). I collected my sister-in-laws. Then BigGuy joined and he showed me how to search High School friends - and now I am collecting them. I have most of my bestest friends from HS and a few that I probably am getting to know better now then I did then. And I find that I am trying to coerce others to join. And they are saying the same thing I did - "I don't want to bother" or "I don't have the time". To which I say - "Please, it's fun and it only takes as much time as you have".

So the only way to really waste a bunch of time on facebook is to take all the tests, play a bunch of games or run a farm (which I do, but unless you are a freak about it that should be quick enough too) - that said, if you join facebook look me up and maybe we can be friends (I am not going to promise we will - but we can think about it).

1 comment:

Mindy said...

OK, you know I finally started using my facebook acct., like, today. I'll try to keep up. I do have a blog and added you to my blogroll, but I can't link it here because it's on wordpress. :(

so here ya go - www.theoldest.wordpress.com - it's just me, rambling along . . .