Friday, December 5, 2008

Girls Night Out

Now like many others this title is a bit misleading. This is about a Girls Night Out - there were girls - there were drinks - there was makeup - there was tasty food - I hosted - there were probably about 30 of us - the girls did get a bit loud - unfortunately most of the girls were under 10 years old. What does this tell me?

This tells me that my life is beginning to revolve around Girl Scouts. Not that this is a negative thing. Love the GS's, especially my troop of girls. Just thinking maybe it is time to have a Girls Night Out with someone who is of drinkin' age - or better yet - maybe an Adults Night Out with BigGuy - or even better - maybe an Adults Weekend (here - somewhere - anywhere).

Back to this though - SuperStar had a lot of fun and asked if I would post some pics from the GNO with the GS's. We earned a badge in a night - I shoudl know what it is called as I put it together, but it was something about Healthy Me or something. Originally this event was to be at our school - because there were a lot of little girls and their parents planning to attend - too many for a house really. Lucky for me though, the school secretary forgot to schedule us in a gym at the school - even though I sent her our dates many many moons ago (no, I swear to goodness I am not bitter about this) - and thus the event happened at my house during my mini nervous breakdown event this week (it was a silent breakdown - no one really noticed it if they didn't live in our house - just too much all at once - hoidays coming - travling close together - and yes, I would have enjoyed an adult beverage that night). Anyhoo - we did have fun - we earned a badge - the girls truly enjoyed themselves and they were incredibly sweet and excited about all of it. My Negative Nelly attitude going into it was transformed by the end of the evening.



However, I Swear As God Is My Witness (channeling Scarlet O'Hara here) - that my next Girls Night Out will include woman over 21 - and there will be adult beverages!!

No comments: