Wednesday, February 11, 2009

St....ate.........State

Are you old enough to remember The Electric Company? Me either........However, I did see it in re-runs. Well, actually I am not sure if I saw it in real time or re-runs, but I did see it. Funny to think that Rita Moreno, Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby were stars of a kids show that I watched. Rita Moreno of course was already a star - and Bill Cosby had a show then too - I think. Hmm...perhaps I am TOO YOUNG to remember some of it. Anyway, everytime I help Spidey with his spelling words I think of the video below this post - it is a fun clip I pulled off of YouTube.......

I also think - how the heck did Spidey end up with such hard words???? For example, each week they take a pre-test on Monday so they know what to study during the week - the first 5 words for this weeks test were:
Same
Came
Made
Make

In all there were 10 words that were similar in difficulty. He aced the test - 10 out of 10 right. Yea Spidey! He tends to get at least 1 wrong each week and on occassion up to 3, but this week did excellent. 80% of the time he is what is called a Super Speller. This week Spidey is a Super Speller - which means he gets a new list of words. Here are the first 5 words in his Super Speller list:
Skating
Grateful
Hibernate
February

What happened???? How many adults can spell February? So we will make like The Electric Company and praktise (get it?).

No comments: