Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stop Telling Me About It!!






















Here she is....sweet.....smart....wonderful....beautiful....and getting TALLER - I swear to goodness this is happening EVERY SINGLE DAY. In the past year she has grown at least 4 inches. 4 inches!! And everyone keeps telling me about it. "She is almost as tall as you!", "I bet you are sad she is almost taller then you", "What will you do when she outgrows you?". I hear that last one a bit more then I would have thought and it always leaves me thinking.....do they think that once my kids are taller then me I will lose all control? Because let's be honest - BigGuy is WAY taller then me and I boss him around (a little).

Then there is another topic that people keep mentioning......SuperStar is beginning to develop in ways other then height (you know what I mean right?). Thank you kind friends for pointing this out - I have already noticed though. See her body may be developing, but she is the same little girl she has always been with the same comfort level in our house. At night when she is going to bed and in the morning when she is getting ready she is completely comfortable still to walk around in her undies - and we aren't making her feel uncomfortable about herself by telling her she has to do anything differently then her brothers. She is modest - when friends or outside family are around she dresses differently. The draw back to her comfort level at home is that when she is being "comfortable" walking about in her undies I have noticed that my eyes are drawn to her "development" and I feel like I am staring.......maybe a little like the creepy person that stares at you forever without blinking..........I am completely amazed that my little girl is changing. I have also found myself googling "female development" with my friend to see what happens next as her daughter is in the same range.

Still, even though these "developments" are visible - it felt a little like I was the only one really noticing (or so I convinced myself - this is my imagination - she isn't really "developing") until at a school function parents (moms thank goodness) started approaching me and saying things like "Wow SuperStar is starting to get her bubbies!".

Really? Really we want to make a mom think about how her baby is not much more going to be a baby? Sigh. I would rather they talk about how she is going to dwarf me.....I knew that would happen the moment I married BigGuy.

No comments: