Tuesday, March 9, 2010

SuperStar and I went out of town...

So SuperStar and I traveled back to the St. Louis area and stayed in a hotel together for fun. On the website the hotel was GREAT!! In reality the hotel didn't match up - amazing what they can do with a website - it wasn't disgusting and we were able to stay overnight without feeling bugs would crawl on us - and the front desk attendant was very nice, but it most certainly was NOT what was advertised.

Now something I thought was funny happened:
We went to dinner - SuperStar picked Chinese food - we found a buffet - we were seated by the person who seemed to run the place. He asked what we wanted to drink - I asked what they had. He said "Pepsi". That is all he said, "Pepsi". I asked "What kind of Pepsi products?" He said, "Pepsi". Then I said, "Pepsi only or do you have different types of drinks?" Then he pointed to the plastic card on the table. I turned it around to see if there was a drink menu on it and it read:

Drinks
Water
Soda
Tea
Coffee
Juice

I looked back at him and said, "This doesn't say what flavor of Pepsi you have, it only says that you have soda." He pointed at the bar........I am not sure why he did this. Then he walked away and our waiter showed up. He said "What would you like to drink?" I said, "What do you have?". He said "Pepsi". Really? Really we have to go through this routine again?? I said, "What types of Pepsi do you have?" He said, brace yourself, "Pepsi". Then as an after thought he said, "All kinds". SuperStar jumped in and said, "I will take Cherry Pepsi." He said, "We don't have that." We just sat staring at him. Then all of a sudden he listed off all the various Pepsi products they had. SuperStar jumped in with her choice and then I said "Diet please" and the ordeal was over.

Why was it so hard for them to tell us what types of Pepsi they carried?

No comments: