Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BigGuy is a SpringBreak Treat


No, not like a treat for me - although that sounds fun, maybe we can put the kids to bed early and duct tape their doors so no one can come out and interrupt a BigGuy Spring Break Treat for me. And now that we are on the topic - what is with the radar kids have? There are 3 things my kids can detect without any physical sounds or signals -
* Talking on the telephone - I can hide in the laundry room - make the call myself so there is NO RINGING - and then hide under the car, in the dark, in the garage and STILL my kids can find me to ask for something that could wait another 3 weeks to be answered.
* Reading a book - my children can be gone for hours and still if I sit somewhere comfortably and begin to read a book they will pop up to either talk to me - or worse yet, sit next to me reading their own book. The second one doesn't sound so intrusive to you? In fact, it sounds sweet and snuggly? Yeah, you would think - only Spidey will be reading out loud to me even if I ask him to read to himself - and SuperStar will be laughing at all the things in her book and tell me about them explaining all the things I don't really need to know since I AM READING MY OWN BOOK - and let's face it, TheKing demands to be read to. Since I am a good parent, I close my book and read with them.
*Getting a Special Treat with BigGuy - and I mean the kind that you have to close the door for - well, now close the door, lock it, turn all the lights out so it looks like no one is in there, then go into the bathroom and turn on the shower - still needing to leave cookies and candy on the landing so they get distracted and never make it up the staircase to detect that we are doing something kind of a Treat. I am so looking forward to the day that we don't have to listen while having a Treat. If the door is locked there is the pounding "What are you doing in there?" Even at night - hours after they have gone to bed - we can't sneak a Treat without them popping up, "I can't sleep. Can I get in bed with you?" I am almost looking forward to the day that they can put 1+1 together and it grosses them out so much that they won't go anywhere near the house while we are having a Treat.

But this blog is about BigGuy being a Spring Break Treat that is family friendly. Here in our corner of the world EVERYONE and their Step-Brother goes out of town for Spring Break. Which kinda stinks for them right now because there is a burglar on the lose in our neighborhood - he was just spotted this morning peeping in another window (so I went around to all my friends houses and checked back doors). However, the people it most stinks for is us. They are gone - we are here. No one to play with. So we make our own fun.

"Hey kids how about we go visit Daddy at work today and eat in the cafeteria with him?" Thinking in my head that this must sound completely lame to them - but please let them agree because we have to get out of the house before they drive each other mad.

"Oh that is so cool!!" and they scramble for their shoes.

And that was today's Spring Break Treat - lunch at work with Dad and seeing his cubicle and hanging out with SpongeBobBen his cubbie neighbor who has all sorts of SpongeBob items displayed. Just for good measure we threw in the Library for books and a trip to get some slip on shoes that fit for outdoor trampoline jumping.

Oh the Excitement here in the Little Corner of our world!! Call now to book your trip!

No comments: