Thursday, April 23, 2009

Concert Time

The Olders are getting better and better at playing piano. I am a combined Proud and Jealous at their abilities. Perhaps some day I will get to learn to play myself. Yes, yes, I hear some of you thinking, "Why not learn with the kids as they learn." I was doing that. I practiced each time they received a new song and pretty much completed Book I at the same time. To their credit - it keeps getting harder - and you really need to pay attention. So what is the problem? Just practice more? Well.........the problem is that there are 3 children living here and they won't let me. Wah Wah Wah - right? Yeah, well I have to pick and choose my battles and learning Piano is not one of them. If I were to attempt to play at this point I think I would either go insane or kill the piano. Since the piano is on loan to us from BigGuys Uncle & Aunt currently living in the Czech Rep. - I would only have insane to choose from. These clips are not of the Olders doing a fabulous job playing their song - just the opposite (kinda). This is the day AFTER they received their new songs to practice for the week. These are clips of them practicing the song 1x through. You will please notice all the background noise.........
and Spidey - he likes to take his time inbetween notes as he plays. It can drive a person bonkers trying to figure out if he is done with the song or not.....

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Great jobs on the piano, kids. Miss you.

Nona