Saturday, April 18, 2009

Crushing Not Allowed Apparently

So the other day I posted a entry about my crush on Ryan Gosling. And I actually got a Comment!! No, not from anyone I know - yet at least - but it was a comment and anyone who reads here on a consistent enough basis knows that this is what I hope for - someone to comment (not that any of you who know me personally take the time to do this - yes, that is a hint - yes, I do like the emails - yes, they are more personal........but still how bout a comment every once in awhile?).

Moving Forward - the person who posted also left an address for the blog that she runs - Daily Miss Mash. The basis of her blog is my Crush Guy. She blogs about him - mostly him - it looks like a few other cuties too - but mostly him. Since she has whole blog about him I won't try to claim him and instead I will gladly share. As I was looking through her blog and watching a video of my Crush Guy's band (yes, he is not just a great actor - he also has a band.......that I admit I don't quite get the music of....but maybe that is only because I can't always understand what he is saying) Spidey and SuperStar came in and started watching too.


DEAD MAN'S BONES - "NAME IN STONE" from biz3 publicity on Vimeo.

They stood on either side of me and just sat listening. If you listen to this enough times you can start to understand the words better.......but I am still not certain what the meaning is.....However, at the time I wasn't really wanting to listen to it more then one time - other things to do - and Spidey asked me the quetions, "Why would you want to listen to that?" Since he asked I proudly told Spidey that someone had left a comment on the blog and I was looking at her blog - at the same time SuperStar began looking at the pictures on the blog and noticed they were primarily of the man from the movie we watched together a few weeks before. "Oh, it is the guy who played Daphne's boyfriend, Fred, on ScoobyDoo." she said matter of fact.

Yuck - I mean, not yuck, Freddie Prince Jr. is fine and all, somewhere I am sure there is a fan club all devoted to him, but he isn't my Crush Guy - so I quickly corrected her - "No, this is Ryan Gosling." She responded with, "Oh your Crush Guy."

"What? You have a crush on him?" Spidey said in a parental type shocked voice. I had no qualms with telling him that I have a little crush on him so I said, "Well, yes, he is a very good actor and he is an attractive man."

"But you are too old and married to have a crush on anyone but Dad. You love Dad." he said as he looked at me with his face all twisted up like he was going to ground me for the thought.

Now, I do like that he is of the mindset that you should be totally devoted to the person you are married to. I really like that. I also like that Spidey gets how much I love his dad. Because I do. BigGuy is more then a Crush Guy though - he is my BigTime-AllTime-MostWonderful-BestFriend-Love Guy. A Crush Guy could never compare to what BigGuy is in my life. In my case being married is a very positive experience - I married the exact right person for me. Neither of us is perfect and we both love that about one another (at least I think BigGuy loves that about me). Still.............to "old" to have a crush??? I don't think so........I have a huge crush on BigGuy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hahahaha!! That is too funny! My kids are used to my "crush guys" by now. They understand that their mom is a crazy fangirl who will NEVER be too old to crush on cute celebrities. :)

I'm still trying to convince myself that I love Ryan's music. It is definitely not mainstream. Have you heard the song he put out a few years ago. It is much easier on the ears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHxd2B7W5CQ

Thanks for the linkage!! :)

MJB said...

you're so gooshy!