Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Girl Scout Celebration Night '09

"Day is Done...........Gone the Sun..........From the Lakes..........From the Hills............From the Sky..........."

If you are a Girl Scout this might mean something special to you. To me it was the beginning of the song that my mom (my Brownie Leader) had us sing at the end of every meeting. I will admit - I tried to follow in her footsteps and have our troop sing it at the end of every meeting, but.........we seem to run out of time almost every meeting and we get to sing it SOMETIMES. However, on this particular day - it was the closing song for our Celebration. I am not 100% certain if there is an official Girl Scout name for this event - some call it a Bridging Ceremony, but since we had 2 out of 4 troops NOT Bridging to the next level it seems more appropriate to call it a Girl Scout Celebration. In any case it is similar to the Boy Scout Blue & Gold Banquet.

BigGuy was kind enough to take some pics for me!

No comments: