Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Talent Show Time


So last Friday was the school Talent Show. SuperStar was signed up for the Talent Show before it was even posted as a possibility - and this year Spidey signed up too. Although he said he didn't want to - I kinda encouraged him to anyway. Originally we tried to talk another little friend to do a piano duet with him. The other guy said, "No thanks" and a piano solo was born. As Spidey got into it he was all about doing it.

There is a funny on him.............. Talent Show practice was Monday after school, Wednesday after school and Friday really early before school. Each "after school" practice the kiddo's stayed at school and we picked them up - or that was the plan. Monday went perfect - BigGuy picked them up at the right time without being reminded even. Wednesday was going well too..........TheKing was napping - I was working on GirlScout stuff in peace - dogs were napping on the back porch - there was 1 hour before I went to pick the kiddos up and size SuperStars group for their costumes. All mine to get work done. Then...........ding dong............ding dong...........ding dong.

Crap!! That is going to wake TheKing up. Then.........whoooof whoof whoof (really loud though).

Crap!! That for certain is going to wake TheKing up.

So I bounded up the steps to see who was ringing the doorbell. Not waiting on any packages. Not expecting any guests. Spidey. Standing there - ding dong ding dong ding dong - then upon seeing me - stopping ringing and smiling. "Where were you Mom? Why is the door locked?"

Not completely shocked he was there I said, "Ahhhh.....why are you here?"

"Mooooommmmmm........the bus drops us off here EVERYDAY at this time." with a "duh" kinda sound to his voice as he pushed past me and dropped all his stuff to the ground.

"Did you notice that SuperStar is not with you? Where do you think she is?" I asked him.

"Oh, she is at the Talent Show prac..............oh!!! I am supposed to be at practice!!" he exclaimed. Glad he was able to remember - although a bit late. It was now 3:20 and practice started at 3:10 and ended at 4:15. TheKing was upstairs (all the ruckus had woken him - so at least getting him moving wouldn't be too hard) so I headed up to get him changed and ready for school. Told Spidey to put his things away and get ready to head back to practice.

Upon returning back downstairs with TheKing prepped and ready to leave I found Spidey preparing an elaborate snack. I told him we were headed out and he responded by saying - in an obvious voice - that "I always have a big snack when I get home." This is true - but usually there is plenty of time in which to have a big snack.

So I snapped, "Dude.......we have to get you back to school for practice! Grab an apple and head to the car."

Very calmly he grabbed the apple, looked at me casually and said, "Mom, don't worry. I am the first act at the Talent Show - they can't start the practice without me." and sauntered calmly into the garage.

Oh to have the world revolve around me like Spidey has.

In the end we made it to the practice - he was great and by Friday he was ready to rock the house. Here is his performance..........(and yes, I know he goes to playing with 2 fingers - guess he was a little nervous afterall).

No comments: