Sunday, May 17, 2009

SuperStar the Poet

SuperStar had an assignment in class this past week. They were working on Poetry. The assignment was to write poetry in several variations - Haiku, Color Poems and such. After writing them they were also asked to type them up, add in a few poems by other authors that they admire and then have 3 other people read the poetry they created themselves and give the poems a critique. SuperStar was soooooooo into this. Everyday after school for 5 days she came home - grabbed a snack and then headed to the computer. Even though she had worked so hard on these I didn't think the outcome would be as awesome as it is -

Here are a collection of poems by SuperStar -

A Cinquain Poem

Books
intelligent, informational
telling, improving, teaching
intelligen things that teach
words
Rain
wet, refreshing
falling, splashing, dropping
refreshing the plants well
water

Hair
long, short
flowing, changing, cutting
you can change it
string


Color Poems -
Red is blood
Red is lava
Red is roses
Red smalls like burning
Red tastes like apples
Red sounds like burning wood
Red looks like your heart pounding
Red feels like rose thorns
Red makes me want to run
Red is hatred

Blue green is the color of my eyes
Blue green is the ocean
Blue green is one of my favorite colors
Blue green is blue and green mixed
Blue green smells like salt water
Blue green tastes like the ocean
Blue green sounds like water sloshing
Blue green looks like a sea
Blue green feels like lake water
Blue green makes me want to paint
Blue green is beautiful


Who What Where When and Why Poem -
Who: Dad
What: wanted to watch t.v
When: at ten o’clock
Where: in the living room
Why: so he could watch spider-man.


Haiku Poems -
playing a new game
trying something new today
having fun with friends

coming into class
lots of noisy voices here
me taking my seat

doing my homework
putting it in my binder
writing, erasing


Original Poem -
I look around me and I see many things, the good and the bad. The nice and the mean, the predator and prey, the simple and the complicated, the right and the wrong, and the obvious and the hidden. I look around, and there are so many things.

I think about the day ahead, and possibilities swim through my head. I wonder is it a good day or a bad? Is it an embarrassing day or a humiliating day? Will I like it or not? All the time I wonder.


My brothers are chaotic, my brothers are a mess. Can mom and dad control them, who is to know? They are bouncing off the walls they are sitting peacefully. You have no chance of predicting them… but it doesn’t hurt to try though.



Five Senses Poem

Talent looks like amazing stunts.
Talent tastes like good pie.
Talent sounds like applause.
Talent smells like sweat.
Talent looks like achievement.
Talent makes me want to jump.

Happiness looks like smiles.
Happiness tastes like sweets.
Happiness sounds like laughter.
Happiness smells like people baking together.
Happiness looks lik people hugging.
Happiness makes me sooooo happy!

SuperStar is Truly Amazing!!

No comments: